CIGRE Australia Next Generation Network (NGN)
CIGRE Next Generation Network (NGN) is a division of CIGRE Australia that aims to develop the next generation of power engineering professionals.
CIGRE NGN membership is available (and FREE) to any of the following:
1. Individual members of CIGRE (Member II) who are aged 35 or under (you can join CIGRE as an Individual Member); or
2. Employees of Collective members who are aged 35 or under; or
3. Full time tertiary students (proof of full-time study required)
To register for membership, please contact our Committee team by clicking here and including the following details
1. Your name
2. Confirmation that you meet one of the three eligibility criteria above
You will then be provided with a registration link and:
1. The registration must be completed within 72 hours
2. The registrations details should utilise your organisations email address (this is how we verify your membership)
3. Further details will be provided with the registration link
CIGRE NGN is the first step for young engineers (up to 35 years old) to directly interact with one of the largest and most prestigious international power industry bodies. CIGRE was established to develop and distribute technical knowledge and experience in the field of generation, transmission and distribution of high voltage electricity. It does this by providing an interactive forum that brings together key players, research workers, producers, manufacturers, system operators, traders, and regulatory bodies.
Originally founded in France in 1921, CIGRE has expanded worldwide with representatives from more than ninety countries. The NGN provides the next generation of engineers with the opportunity to learn from industry experts, network with other like-minded young professionals and contribute to CIGRE papers, conferences and workshops. The CIGRE Australia NGN exists to help young engineers tap into CIGRE’s wealth of expertise, from across the industry and around the world.
Our initiatives include:
- Web-based video of CIGRE seminar presentations
- Q&A with some of our industry’s leading experts
- Access to CIGRE publications and articles
CIGRE NGN is where all parts of the power industry meet, share and develop ideas.
Expand your horizons by meeting other power engineers across the industry and across the world!
Advance your career by networking with researchers, producers, manufacturers, system operators, traders, and regulatory bodies nationally and internationally. By becoming a member of CIGRE Australia’s NGN, you will be informed about CIGRE events, and opportunities. Dedicated NGN events, including site visits and networking-functions are also planned. Membership is free to any engineer aged <35yo who is an individual member of CIGRE Australia or an employee of a corporate member